We would like to thank all the participants who submitted a photo. The pictures look fantastic.
The City Council meets every 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month at 6:30 p.m. at City Hall (332 Main Avenue, Gaylord).
Budget Overview – Click link above for more specific details.
City Budgets Have 3 Main Funds:
1. The General Fund of the city is the core fund that finances standard
• General Government (City Council, Admin., Professional Services)
• Public Safety (fire, police)
• Parks and Recreation (Parks, recreation, library)
Expenses are paid for by several forms of revenue, such as:
• Intergovernmental – County Road Aid
• Grants, fines, fees, Misc. Rev.
2. The Enterprise Funds cover other city services:
Department expenses are paid for by the revenues that each utility takes
in, in monthly water/sewer/refuse/storm water bills or fees for service.
These funds also include debt service.
3. The Special Funds contain money budgeted for certain operations and
‘savings accounts’ for specific equipment purchases.
•Fire Department – equipment/vehicles
•Cemetery – operations
•Police Department – equipment/vehicles
•Revolving Loan – operations
•Ambulance Department – operations
•Fire Department Operating Fund – operations